Top 10 reasons to study at MAINZ
So, you want a career in music? The Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand (MAINZ) is the best place to get started and make sure you reach your goals.
Top 10 reasons why
- MAINZ staff stars – you’ll learn from respected, well-known artists and professionals with a proven history of training up-and-coming NZ talent.
- MAINZ student stars – you’ve probably heard of some of our former students: Gin Wigmore, Joel Little and Kings, all started their careers with MAINZ.
- MAINZ set-up – we’ve got all the gear under one roof, creating a real-life studio environment where you can produce albums from start to finish.
- MAINZ location – our campuses in central Auckland and Christchurch put you in the heart of New Zealand’s cities where all the action is happening.
- MAINZ equipment – we know the music business is constantly evolving and we consider it part of the job to keep our finger on the pulse; we invest in the latest technology to keep our students up with the play.
- MAINZ contacts – getting in front of industry leaders will give you a foot in the door to your new career; MAINZ can help you meet and work with some of New Zealand’s biggest music business names.
- MAINZ study options – from foundation programmes, right through to degree-level study, there are a huge range of programmes on offer that can see you take your music training through to the top level.
- MAINZ networking – our students often call their MAINZ peers and colleagues their second family; you’ll make lifelong connections and friendships that support you as you start in your career.
- MAINZ opportunities – as well as learning in the classroom, our fantastic industry contacts mean you’ll have the chance to work on real gigs around different parts of the country.
- MAINZ innovations – we live and work in a changing world and our programmes are constantly reviewed to keep up with the times. Drawing from local and international contacts we’ll try new concepts and activities that bring a special edge to your learning.