Drug testing in the workplace is a common practice across a range of industries. This one-day course will ensure you are certified to carry out workplace drug testing, including understanding the different requirements for pre-employment, random, post-incident and reasonable-cause testing. Targeted at nurses and those working in the health and safety field, the short course covers the technical and process detail you need to understand in order to carry out urine-based drug testing in the workplace.
- Level:3 and 4
- Credit Value:6
- Awards:Attendance Certificate
- Method of Study:Unit Standards
- Teaching Duration:1 day course
- Dates:2 February 2018 Wellington, 8 February 2018 Christchurch, 15 February 2018 Tauranga
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$603.75
- NZQA Fee:$9.48
Unit Standard 25458 Perform Urine specimen collection in the workplace for drug testing and Unit Standard 25511 Perform urine drug screening in the workplace
Be able to carry out urine drug testing at any time
- Understand the difference between, pre-employment, random, post-incident and reasonable cause testing
- Be able to record testing and send sample for confirmation
Programme Structure and Workload
Attend a one day course and complete two unit standard assessments.
Further Study Paths
National Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (Workplace Safety) Level 3.
Applicants must have:
- For Nurses: Current NZ Nursing Practising Certificate
- For Non- Nurses: Completion of relevant OSH course e.g. 497 or 17593
- An on-going relationship with an accredited lab