Extractive Industries (Mining Administration Surface Extraction B Grade)
If you wish to manage a quarry or alluvial operation with four or less staff you require a B Grade Quarry Managers Certificate.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic is offering the National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration B Grade Surface Extraction) Level 5 which on completion will provide you with the knowledge, skills and unit standards to apply for your B Grade Quarry Managers Certificate.
For details of the additional statutory requirements to be met before Certificates of Competence can be awarded, candidates should refer to the Requirements of Holders of Certificates of Competence, under the Health and Safety in Employment (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2013.
- Credit Value:73 - 90
- Awards:National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration Surface Extraction B Grade) (Level 5)
- Location:Available Nationally – Refer to calendar
- Method of Study:Block courses
- Total Duration:12 months
- Start Date:Multiple intakes per year
$2,303 to $2,765
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$2,303 to $2,765
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
* NZQA unit registration fees of $1.58 per credit apply.
Enrolment in this qualification will require you to participate in structured training sessions, the completion of practical tasks on your worksite, and the completion of assessments to demonstrate your learning and application of knowledge.
This training will require a commitment from your employer to ensure your availability for the training sessions and to facilitate appropriate learning situations on your worksites.
The qualification is delivered over the period of a year and will require significant commitment from the learner to achieve the required outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of regulatory
- requirements to manage an extractive site or; Explain the Health and Safety legislation and supporting documents, applicable to an extractive site
- Prepare and implement safety plans for surface face and
- benching operations
- Conduct and incident investigation at an extractives site
- Conduct safety checks prior to equipment usage at an
- extractives site
- Construct and maintain access roads within surface
- extraction sites
- Maintain working surfaces at surface extraction sites
- Demonstrate knowledge of dewatering, pump maintenance,
- cleaning settling ponds at extraction sites
- Carry out the risk management process at an extractive site
- Review consent conditions and demonstrate knowledge of
- the use of water at surface extraction sites
- Plan, implement, and describe surface extraction
- production to minimise environmental impacts
- Applicants must be currently working in the extractives industry or have industry experience
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above
- Provide evidence of sufficient experience in the industry
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0