STAR (Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource) are a series of courses that help students move from high school to a tertiary provider, like a polytechnic. These courses run during the school holidays, normally for one week and are applied for through your high school Careers Advisor.
To enrol in MAINZ Short Courses download and complete the STAR Enrolment form.
- Credit Value:4
- Location:Auckland MAINZ
- Total Duration:4 days, 9.30am – 3.30pm Auckland, 5 days 9.30am - 4.00pm Christchurch
- Dates:18 -21 April, 25 - 28 April, 11 - 14 July, 18 - 21 July, 3 - 6 October, 10 - 13 October 2017 Auckland, 17 - 21 July, 9 - 13 October Christchurch
- Domestic Breakdown
- Course Cost:$235
This course will give students an introduction to the theory and practice of live sound mixing. Students will acquire the skills to operate the school’s sound system with confidence and within health and safety guidelines. Students will learn the practical skills involved in setting up and operating a sound system. On the final day of the programme the students will provide production for a performance by a musical group.
- Loudspeakers and crossovers
- Mixing consoles
- Backline equipment
- Compressors & noisy gates
- Sound wave theory & effects
- Stage Management
- Live mixing
Students credited with this unit standard are able to select and apply a range of processes to enhance sound in a performance context.