What does the business community want? They want people who have a broad range of skills including: the ability to meet production requirements, operate computers, use technology to their best advantage, provide customer service and, most importantly, show initiative and contribute to the overall goals of the organisation.
Our programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to meet the demands of the business community. Upon successful completion of the programme you will have excellent skills in a broad range of office duties that will enhance your career in an office environment or provide you with an excellent stepping stone to higher levels of study in this are
This programme uses a business centre approach to give students a real-world environment in which to learn, practice and be assessed.
This 18 week, full-time programme combines classroom theory and self-directed project work with practical experience in a real-world learning environment.
There is flexibility to enable students to enrol part-time so you can fit your learning around existing work or family commitments.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology)
- Location:Greymouth, Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or Part time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:20 weeks
- Start Date:12 February 2018 (semester 1) and 16 July 2018 (semester 2)
- End Date:29 June 2018 (semester 1) and 30 November 2018 (semester 2)
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
- Workplace knowledge
- Specialist business documents
- Business processes
- Administration systems
Further Study Paths
- New Zealand Diploma in Business
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management)
- Office administrator
- Personal assistant
- Office assistant
- Word processor/data entry operator
- Customer service support
- Accounts Receivable officer
- Accounts Payable officer
- Support worker
- Front line customer service role
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet a minimum of
- IELTS Level 5.0 Academic.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview to discuss programme expectations and ensure suitability for the programme.
- Applicants who meet the entry criteria and are deemed suitable for the programme will be accepted on a first in first served basis.