Business Leadership and Management (L5)
Keen to learn the ins and outs of business? Have your friends always raved about your entrepreneurial spirit? Perhaps you’ve got business experience but no qualification to back it up?
This qualification provides learners with the skills needed to run a business operation. Over the course of the programme, students will learn how to apply core technical knowledge and people, cognitive, affective and business environment skills within an operational context. Students must complete five core compulsory papers, and three elective papers from the Leadership and Management strand.
- Credit Value:120
- Awards:New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strand in Leadership and Management) (Level 5)
- Location:Greymouth and Westport
- MGT100 Introduction to Accounting
- MGT 101 Introduction to Human Resource Management
- MGT 103 Introduction to Applied Management
- MGT 104 Introduction to Applied Marketing
- MGT 105 Business Communications
- MGT 106 Introduction to Quality Management
- MGT 110 Workplace Relationships
- MGT 112 Introduction to Leadership
- MGT 111 Administration Systems
- MGT 113 Introduction to Project Management
Further Study Paths
Students can extend their studies beyond this course, and move into the NZ Diploma in Business Level 6 or Bachelor of Applied Management.
On completion of this course, students will be well-equipped to move into management and leadership roles at an operational level.
A career in business is an exciting one, that can take you around the world and to all manner of companies - be they big or small.
Perhaps you dream of one day starting up your own social enterprise or running an internationally-acclaimed commercial company? All we ask is that you dream big and together, we can help you achieve your goals.
Applicants must have:
Applicants under 20 years:
Applicants should be a minimum of 18 years of age, have completed a minimum of 4 years secondary education, and have attained a minimum of 12 NCEA credits at Level 2 in each of four approved subjects.
Applicants over 20 years:
Applicants over the age of 20 years will be considered where they can demonstrate the ability to succeed in the programme.
Students for whom English is not their first language may also be required to provide evidence of English language skills as listed below.
- IELTS 5.5 Academic (no lower than 5.0 in any subtest). For acceptable alternatives refer to the English Proficiency Outcomes Chart.
Note: IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form and are valid for two years from the date of the test.