Business Leadership and Management (L6)
Have you got an affinity for business? Do you dream of being CEO one day? Or are you looking to take your existing skills and expertise up a notch?
The NZ Diploma in Business (Level 6) is well-suited to those who are wanting to move up the professional ladder and develop higher level management skills. This Level 6 programme builds on the business skills obtained in the Level 5 programme, and provides a great pathway to a business degree.
The programme consists of five core compulsory papers, and three elective papers from the Leadership and Management strand. The structure of our programme allows students to specialise and gain the technical knowledge and people skills relevant to their area of interest.
Upon completion of the course, students will have gained the ability to apply core technical knowledge, people, cognitive, affective, and business environment skills within a strategic context.
Graduates of the New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 5 or the NZIM Diploma in Management Level 5 are encouraged to apply, as are those who wish to step up into a higher level management and leadership position and need a qualification to do so.
- Credit Value:120
- Awards:New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strand in Leadership and Management) Level 6
- Location:Greymouth and Westport
- Method of Study:Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Holiday Duration:4 weeks
- Teaching Duration:36 weeks
- Total Duration:32 weeks
- Start Date:Intake 1: 26 February 2018, Intake 2: 16 April 2018
- End Date:Intake 1: 2 November 2018, Intake 2: 10 December 2018
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
- MGT200 Management Accounting and Finance
- MGT201 Marketing Operations
- MGT203 Operations Management
- MGT205 Introduction to Strategic Management
- MGT206 Risk Management and Quality
- MGT211 The Project Plan and Resources
- MFT219 Change Management
Select one of the following:
- MGT209 Managing Human Resources
- MGT215 Organisational Behaviour
Programme Structure and Workload
Delivery of this programme is done through face-to-face and online teaching methods.
Due to the online component of the course, students will need to have access to the internet and a computer.
For full time study, students must complete 60 credits per 17-week intake.
Full time acceptance into the programme is at the Programme Manager’s discretion in accordance with the entry criteria below. Students who study full time for two intakes will complete the qualification (with one strand) within one year.
- Working 20 or more hours per week = enrol in a maximum of 20 credits per 17 week intake.
- Working less than 20 hour per week = enrol in a maximum of 60 credits per 17 week intake.
This is intended as a guide only and will differ from student to student due to individual circumstances.
Students studying part-time have a maximum of five years to complete the qualification.
Further Study Paths
Upon completion of the course, students have the option to extend their studies and move on to undertake a Bachelor of Applied Management and Bachelor of Business.
On completion of this qualification students will be well-equipped to move into management and leadership roles at a strategic level. A career in business is an exciting one, which can take you into a wide range of companies anywhere in the world.
Applicants must have:
It is recommended that all applicants should complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management strand) prior to application for this programme, alongside the following criteria:
Applicants under 20 years:
Applicants should be a minimum of 18 years of age, have completed a minimum of 4 years secondary education, and have attained a minimum of 12 NCEA credits at Level 2 in each of four approved subjects.
Applicants over 20 years:
Applicants over the age of 20 years will be considered where they can demonstrate the ability to succeed in the programme.
Students for whom English is not their first language may also be required to provide evidence of English language skills as listed below.
- IELTS 6.0 Academic (no lower than 5.5 in any subtest). For acceptable alternatives refer to the English Proficiency Outcomes Chart.
Note: IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form and are valid for two years from the date of the test.