A graduate of the Certificate in Human Resource Management will be able to understand the roles, functions and application of Human Resource Management within contemporary New Zealand organizations; and apply knowledge of current employment relations legislation, processes and practices, and understand the relationship of the parties involved.
- Location:Greymouth, Westport
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$522
- Course Cost:$0
- NZQA Fee:$10
- International Fee (2017):
Full fee breakdown click here
635 Employment Relations (20 credits)
- Explain the key factors influencing the development of employment relations.
- Explain how current legislation affects the employment relationship.
- Apply legal provisions to analyse the nature of the relationship between parties
- Critique and analyse employment agreements for legal compliance in given situations
- Analyse an employment agreement negotiation.
- Explain the legal provisions of and principles applying resolution of problems in employment relationship.
633 Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Evaluate the inter-relationship between human resource management, organisations and their environment.
- Develop job documentation for organisational and employment purposes.
- Evaluate and select recruitment and selection options.
- Understand the role of performance management and its contribution to retention and motivation of employees.
- Apply principles of workplace learning and development of training programmes.
- Understand how to develop equitable reward and base pay structures from a given set of data and develop a base pay structure
- Apply an understanding of current legislative requirements for health and safety in the workplace.
Tutor Profile: Kate Campbell (MSc)
Kate specialises in human resources management and applied psychology. She has previously worked in sales and human resources management and has taught on the NZ Diploma in Business at Tai Poutini Polytechnic since 2007.