Gain in-depth knowledge and specialise in IT related subjects including, but not limited to, software development, website development, IT support, programming and network support. At the same time you will gain personal and business skills that will make you an effective communicator, team player and valued employee.
- Credit Value:120 per year
- Awards:Tai Poutini Polytechnic Diploma
- Location:Greymouth, Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or Part time*
- Holiday Duration:6 weeks
- Teaching Duration:34 weeks
- Total Duration:40 weeks
- Start Date:13 February 2017
- End Date:17 November 2017
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$3,060
- Course Cost:$604
- Student Service Fee:$100
DICT440 Introduction to Programming: To introduce you to the basic concepts of scripting and programming and to the processes of program development.
- DICT 510 Software Applications: To enable you to develop skills in using application software to meet business requirements and increase their understanding of information systems.
- BCCS153 Computer Architecture: To provide you with the fundamental knowledge of the architecture and internal operation of a computer system and the way in which connects to other machines in a local area network.
- BCCS198Internet Technologies: To provide you with an understanding of resources on the internet and the practical application of internet technologies, including security mechanisms.
Further Study Paths
CPIT Programme Pathway - Bachelor of ICT (Level 7)
After completing the TPP Diploma in Information and Communications Technology you’ll be ready to step up to the challenge of a career as an IT support person, help desk support person, network administrator, junior software developer or support technician.
- 12 credits in NCEA English Level 1, 12 credits in NCEA Mathematics (or Pangarau) Level 1 and 36 credits NCEA Level 2. [including computing and/or business]
- Evidence of literacy, numeracy and an ability to study at the appropriate level. This can be through study, work and/or life experience.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
Special entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.