The National Certificate in Computing is ideal for those who wish to gain a formal qualification in computing on a full time or part time basis.
On completion of this programme you will be able to use a range of computer programmes and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft internet, email and file management.Office,
The purpose of this programme is to identify to employers, individuals who have achieved a base level of competence and understanding in the use of personal computers for business use. If you are already employed, this is a good way to meet professional development requirements and to prove your computing proficiency.
This qualification also provides an entry level for further education in computing.
- Level:2 & 3
- Credit Value:Level 2 – 43 Credits , Level 3 – 46 Credits
- Awards:National Certificate in Computing
- Location:Greymouth, Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or Part time
- Holiday Duration:1 week
- Teaching Duration:14 weeks
- Total Duration:15 weeks
- Start Date:17 July 2017
- End Date:27 October 2017
- Dates:Feb, July
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,202
- Student Service Fee:$38
- NZQA Fee:$73
- International Fee (2017):
2017 Domestic Fees – No tuition fees. NZQA charges and student services levy may apply.
- Basic concepts of information technology
- Using the computer and managing files
- Word processing - MS Word
- Spreadsheets - MS Excel
- Database - MS Access
- Slideshow presentation - MS PowerPoint
- Internet, email and web design
Further Study Paths
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Level 3)
- Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
Graduates will be effective in the use of Microsoft software which is a requirement in almost any job in today’s high-tech environment. These skills will help you keep up with the demands for computer use in the workplace and at home.
- Open Entry
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
Special entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme i.e. experience, current work. Please contact the polytechnic for details.