Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) 4 is a new course incorporating the revised standards and recent changes in legislation. This comprehensive 3 day course equips students to fully participate in CIMS based incident management teams. The course is a balanced mix of essential theory and applied scenario based sessions that facilitate a thoughtful and hands-on approach to learning. A diverse range of emergency situations are dealt with during the course with an emphasis on gaining situational awareness, action planning and communication skills.
- Credit Value:6
- Total Duration:3 days, 8.30am - 5pm (approx)
- Dates:Multiple intakes
Price on application. Funded for Civil Defence Volunteers.
This course includes:
- An overview of Civil Defence structures
- A review of emergency management legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Consideration of the 2016 amendments to the Civil Defence Emergency Management Act 2002
- An overview of the role and powers of a Civil Defence Controller
Pre Course Work
Some pre-course work is required and will be available on-line, no later than 2 weeks prior to the course.
- US29553 - Demonstrate knowledge of CIMS related roles and Action Plan process in an incident. Level 4, 2 credits
- US29554 - Demonstrate situational awareness, action planning and communication skills in an incident within a CIMS framework. Level 4, 2 credits
- US7335 - Demonstrate knowledge of the role and powers of a controller in a declared emergency. Level 2, 2 credits
- US17279 - Demonstrate knowledge of the coordinated incident management system (CIMS) Level 2, 2 credits (available as a distance learning package)