This programme introduces students to basic hairdressing skills and will provide them with the knowledge, confidence and presentation to improve their performance in the workplace.
It includes an introduction to the beauty industry including: facials, eyelash and eye brow tinting, nails and make up.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:Tai Poutini Polytechnic Certificate
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:20 weeks
- Start Date:13 February 2017
- End Date:30 June 2017
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,657
- Course Cost:$64
- Student Service Fee:$50
- NZQA Fee:$72
- hairdressing skills
- customer service and merchandising
- communication and presentation
- first aid
- Wella product knowledge certificate
- visits from beauty industry
This programme includes 18 NZQA unit standards and is 50% practical and 50% theory. All units and modules must be successfully completed to gain this Certificate.
Our well-equipped training facility provides a realistic workplace environment. Opportunity will be provided to experience working with actual clients. Students can purchase all products at reasonable prices.
Further Study Paths
- National Certificate in Hairdressing
- Certificate in Nail Technology
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics with Certificate in Nail Technology
- Diploma in Spa Therapies
- Local apprenticeships
Graduates can move into apprenticeships or employment in hairdressing salons or within the beauty industry, or pursue higher level programmes such as the National Certificates in Hairdressing.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
- Limited places available for applicants who already hold a level 1 or level 2 qualification.
- Selection criteria apply. Special entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
- Students must be well presented.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme