This programme is ideal if you require entry into health related and applied science programmes.
The Tai Poutini Polytechnic Certificate in Pre Health and Science (Level 3) is offered in conjunction with the Ara Institute of Canterbury under a collaborative agreement.
- Credit Value:50 (additional 10 credits available)
- Awards:Tai Poutini Polytechnic Certificate
- Method of Study:Full time; blended learning
- Start Date:17 July 2017
- End Date:24 November 2017
- Dates:Feb, July
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,981
- Course Cost:$708
- Student Service Fee:$50
*Depending on course selection, 3 days per week on campus, remaining 2 days independent study.
Online and face to face papers
- x2 Biology (L3)
- Chemistry (L3)
Face to face only papers
- Intro to Health and Social Services (L3)
- Academic Literacy Skills (L4)
- Maths (L1)
Further Study Paths
Diploma in Enrolled Nursing
- Alternative Health
- Armed Forces
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Diploma in Enrolled Nursing
- Mental Health Support Work
- Massage Therapy
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging
- Certificate in Fitness
- Bachelor of Lab Technology
- Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
The Certificate in Pre Health & Science is a bridging programme that provides a sound basis for further study in the science and health disciplines.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- In order to have the best chance of succeeding in this programme you will need a basic level of literacy and numeracy and be able to dedicate 5 days a week to meet the academic study requirements.
- During the programme you will be required to spell technical and specialised words correctly and have a working knowledge of your times tables.
- Access to a computer and the internet
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 6.0 Academic (with no lower than 5.5 in the speaking and reading subtests and 6.0 in the listening and writing subtests)
- Basic word computing skills are an advantage.