This foundation programme introduces students to basic hairdressing skills and will provide them with the knowledge, confidence and presentation to improve their performance in the workplace. It includes an introduction to the beauty industry.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Hair, Beauty and Grooming
- Start Date:July 2018
- End Date:November 2018
- Hairdressing skills
- Customer service and merchandising
- Communication and presentation
- First aid
- Wella product knowledge certificate
- Visits from beauty industry
Further Study Paths
- National Certificate in Hairdressing
- Certificate in Nail Technology
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics with Certificate in Nail Technology
- Diploma in Spa Therapies
- Local apprenticeships
Graduates can move into apprenticeships or employment in hairdressing salons or within the beauty industry, or pursue higher level programmes such as the National Certificates in Hairdressing.
Our well-equipped training facility provides a realistic workplace environment. Opportunity will be provided to experience working with actual clients. Students can purchase all products at reasonable prices.