This programme has a specific West Coast flavour, aiming to produce work-ready graduates that can deliver excellent standards of food, beverage and customer service to enhance customer experiences on the West Coast. Students will gain a range of practical, personal, professional and technical skills that meet the high standards expected by hospitality employers.
- Credit Value:40
- Awards:NZ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service, with strands in Restaurant Services
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:1 week
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:13 weeks
- Start Date:12 February 2018
- End Date:29 June 2018
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
- Health and safety, food safety and security practices
- Food contamination and control methods
- Customer service techniques
- Workplace communication and professional practice
- Selling skills and product / service knowledge
- Restaurant service
- Bar service, host responsibility, liquor legislation
- Beer and wine service
- Matching beer and wine with food
Further Study Paths
Graduates of this programme will have the skills to work in any workplace that provides food, beverages, and customer service in cafes, licenced and unlicenced restaurants, bars or clubs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years at secondary school, or completion of NCEA Level 1, or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet General or Academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA-approved equivalent.
Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.