Professional DJs use the latest DJ tools and technology to blend, loop, improvise, add effects and create original mixes. Electronic music producers create original music using DAWs, synthesisers, samplers, and live recordings.
Develop both skill sets in our DJ booths and computer labs. All DJ booths are equipped with a wide range of DJ mixers, Technics 1200 turntables, Pioneer CDJs, DJ & MIDI controllers as well as KRK studio monitors, and iMacs running Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Serato DJ and Native Instruments Traktor.
Learn how to set up and operate live sound and lighting equipment. Find your unique performance style.
As well as being a standalone programme that provides you with the skills to become a successful DJ and producer/beatmaker, this is also an ideal pathway into other MAINZ programmes.
- Credit Value:120
- Location:Auckland, Christchurch
- Method of Study:Full time (Part time options available)
- Holiday Duration:6 weeks
- Teaching Duration:34 weeks
- Total Duration:40 weeks
- Start Date:18 February 2018
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$5,693
- Student Service Fee:$230
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
- DJ & Electronic Music Production Technology
- DJ & Electronic Music Production Skills
- Electronic Music Production 1 and 2
- DJ & Electronic Music Production Music Theory
- Contemporary Music in Context
- Music Performance 1
- Music Industry Studies
Become a self-employed DJ or music entrepreneur, produce electronic music for live performance or broadcast, or work in radio or event promotions.
- Applicants must have NCEA Level 1 or equivalent
- Entry depends on a successful audition
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview
- Applicants need to be able to demonstrate a high level of motivation and a desire to succeed in this demanding field.
- Preference will be given to those with Merit or Excellence passes at NCEA Level 2 or above and/or experience in DJing or music production
- Consideration will be given to applicants aged 20 years or older who do not meet the above criteria, if they can demonstrate a history of work, industry experience, or (in the opinion of the Programme Leader) could complete the programme successfully
- Providing examples of music production or DJ mixes are also recommended