An introduction to different aspects of the music industry – with particular focus on live sound, audio engineering and music production and performance – designed to help you find your learning pathway.
Study the basics of music and sound, receive tuition on your chosen instrument, get experience playing and performing with others, begin to learn the mechanics of multi-track recording and digital effects. Guest speakers offer valuable insight into the reality of a career in music.
Work with your fellow students on an original recording project. Together you’ll create a unique souvenir of your Foundation Sound and Music experience.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Study and career Preparation (Level 3), or New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2), or New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1)
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:17 weeks
- Total Duration:19 weeks
- Dates:February and July 2018
Year 1 $115*
Year 2 $115*
Year 3 $2,881*
* Includes Student Services Fee
Level 1 & 2, 2018 Domestic Fees – No tuition fees. NZQA charges and student services levy may apply.
Limited places available for applicants who already hold a level 1 or level 2 qualification.
- Music Knowledge
- Music Skills
- Sound Technology
- Sound Operations
- MIDI Basics
- Computer Studies
- Learning Skills
- Applicants must have NCEA Level 1 literacy credits or equivalent
- Applicants may also be required to provide alternative evidence of their ability to achieve the programme. This may be in the form of an interview, an audition, a test or a portfolio of work
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview