Give yourself the best possible start in your career with Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3). You’ll gain the skills you need to get started on the job or carry on with further study in your chosen field. You’ll learn how to manage your time, work as part of a team, communicate clearly, solve problems and gain the confidence to start work or pursue a new job.
The programme is all about getting you ready to take your learning to the next level. It also offers pathways into more specialised study in areas of interest.
If you want to gain an advantage on your next job application or prepare yourself for higher level study, it makes sense to sign up for the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
The overall aim of the programme is to provide learning experiences that enable students to develop the core knowledge, skills and personal attributes sought by employers and required for entry level positions. For some students this will occur at the end of this one-semester programme, however most students will progress onto further training with a focus on the specialist field of interest.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:17 weeks
- Total Duration:19 weeks
- Start Date:15 February and 26 July 2021
- End Date:25 June and 3 December 2021
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$3,383
- To enable students to develop and apply a range of academic and self-management skills for tertiary study and career pathways
- To enable students to apply core concepts and skills required in a trades based career
- To enable students to complete basic projects in a trades environment
- To enable students to build on previously acquired skills and complete projects in a trades environment
Programme Structure and Workload
The programme balances blended learning and classroom-based theory with a range of practical learning contexts to assist students to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
Further Study Paths
This qualification is for people intending to pursue focused development in the skills, capabilities, knowledge and attributes needed to succeed at NZQF Level 3 or 4 or above, within the context of a field of study or career pathway.
- This programme has open entry.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet general or academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent
- Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet General or Academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA-approved equivalent. Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.