*This programme is being re-developed and is subject to change in 2017
The National Certificate Scaffolding (Elementary) (Level 3) recognises the skills of a trade certified scaffolder. This is a 16-month programme delivered in block courses which is integrated into your in-job training.
The holder of the qualification is able to base out, erect, and dismantle straightforward proprietary and ‘tube and fitting’ scaffolding structures to 33 metres in height. The holder can also assure the compliance of the structures, move safely on them at heights and lead a team to build elementary scaffolds.
This is a 16 month programme delivered in workshops which are integrated into your practical training.
Graduates will be able to apply for a certificate of competence to erect notifiable scaffolding in accordance.
- Credit Value:190
- Awards:National Certificate in Scaffolding (Elementary)
- Location:Auckland, Christchurch, Invercargill, New Plymouth and Wellington
- Method of Study:Block courses and workplace training
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,923
- NZQA Fee:$300
- Base out, erect and dismantle straight forward proprietary and ‘tube & fitting’ scaffolding structures to any height
- Assure the compliance of the structures, move safely on them at heights
- Lead a team to build elementary scaffolds
Further Study Paths
- National Certificate in Scaffolding (Intermediate)
- National Certificate in Scaffolding (Suspended)
- National Certificate in Scaffolding (Advanced)
- Cross crediting may be possible for certain overseas qualifications
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 16 years of age or over.
- Must have successfully achieved NCEA Level One (or equivalent), or be able to demonstrate sound written and oral skills; or have achieved a local or National Certificate in the Construction industry or a related field.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
- Special Entry may be granted when evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
- Cross crediting may be possible for certain overseas qualifications.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme