As the world becomes more technologically advanced at an ever increasing pace, there comes with it a requirement to grow the number of people employed in the information technology domain and to have them trained in a wide range of fields and to an increasingly high level.
Graduates will gain a broad understanding of the information technology core concepts, technical skills, information skills and web development solutions to enable them to further their studies to the higher Level 6 suite of New Zealand Information Technology qualifications or alternatively to transition into employment in their chosen field in one of the areas above using the skills they have acquired.
Graduates will be able to operate at a high level of professionalism in a number of different roles within businesses, organisations and communities, as part of a team, or independently with a broad level of supervision.
- Credit Value:120
- Awards:New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support
- Method of Study:Full time or part time
- Holiday Duration:6 weeks
- Teaching Duration:36 weeks
- Total Duration:42 weeks
- Start Date:18 February 2019
- End Date:6 December 2019
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$6,529
- Student Service Fee:$100
Graduates will gain a broad understanding of the information technology core concepts, technical skills, information skills, web development solutions and more.
- IT operations
- IT enterprise
- Professional practice
- Operating systems
- Database administration
- Fundamentals of programming and problem solving
- Introduction to networks
- Technical support
Further Study Paths
Level 6 suite of New Zealand Information Technology:
- NZ Certificate in Information Technology Practitioner (Level 6) (with strands in Server Administration, Network Administration, and Information Technology Security) (40 credits)
- NZ Diploma in Networking (Level 6) (120 credits)
- NZ Diploma in Systems Administration (Level 6) (120 credits)
- NZ Diploma in Database Administration (Level 6) (120 credits)
- NZ Diploma in Information Systems (Level 6) (with strands in Business Analysis, User Experience, IT Project Management, Information Systems Innovation) (120 credits)
- NZ Diploma in Software Development (Level 6) (240 credits)
Graduates of this diploma will have the skills and knowledge to work in roles such as computer technician, help desk and technical support officer, and entry level network administrator, network engineer, and applications support analyst roles.
Applicants are recommended to hold one of the following qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience:
- NCEA Level 2 or 3
- New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Advanced User)(Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above or hold the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General, Workplace, or Academic) (Level 4).
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above or hold the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General, Workplace, or Academic) (Level 4).
Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.