Techweek West Coast Events 27 Jul - 2 Aug 2020
The global COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a shift to a digital world and Techweek2020 is no different. The annual event series, which celebrates innovation in the New Zealand tech industry, will be digitally led for the very first time in 2020.
TUESDAY 28 JULY
Facebook for community service and small businesses - Webinar
Learn to set up a Facebook account and maximise its use.
The webinar will cover;
1. Set up a Facebook account
2. Ensure you have the privacy and security you wish
3. Establish a network and maximise communication about your events, business, products or service
It will be interactive - so you can work on your own Facebook as part of the session.
PRESENTER: Latham Martin – Certified Google Educator
TIME: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
TO REGISTER: Click here to register
WEDNESDAY 29 JULY
Social Media Webinar - Building Your Brand
This webinar will focus on businesses who are new to using social media and for those that use it a small amount but would like to see better results. Also relevant for businesses who wish to increase their social media use as part of their COVID-19 recovery.
• Creating great content for social media
• How to tell your story online
• The power of content marketing
• Creating ads and tips to make these effective
• Getting and using user generated content
• What social media channels your business should use and how to use them
• How to create a simple and actionable social media plan
• How to create a social media publishing schedule
• Targeted advertising and measuring social media effectiveness
PRESENTER: Stuart Dillon-Roberts - Digital Journey
TO REGISTER: FREE event - click here to register.
E Commerce Webinar
Now more than ever it has been proven vital, as a business, to have an E commerce website to sell your products.
Doing business online means different things to different businesses. For some it means a place to sell products and services. For others, it means a place to showcase what’s offered at a physical shop. Either way, you’ll need a dedicated online presence for your customers to find you: your own website or your own space in an online marketplace.
In this presentation we will discuss and show you different ways to sell your products and services online.
• Using a marketplace the benefits and pitfalls.
• Building your own web presence – steps involved and demos of tools you can use.
• Payment gateways – choosing the right one.
• The ecommerce lifecycle from taking orders to deliveries
• Making your site fly – tips and tricks
Webinar is aimed as those businesses wanting to start ecommerce or promote their services online.
PRESENTER: Stuart Dillon-Roberts – Digital Journey
TO REGISTER: FREE event - Click here to register.
THURSDAY 30 JULY
Introduction to Photoshop
This beginner’s workshop is where you will learn how to use Photoshop to edit, crop and resize your photos. Get the perfect photo for your personal or business social media feed – it's quality visual content that gets your audience’s attention. No previous experience required. To save your spot email email@example.com to register.
PRESENTER: Wayne Lorimer – TPP’s Visual Communication Designer
TO REGISTER: FREE event - Email firstname.lastname@example.org